Monday, October 10, 2011

Eat Each Night at Home Plan

Yesterday and this morning I have been canning tomatoes. It is my first time to ever can anything and and I feel like I am getting the hang of it now that my 4th batch of jars in the pot finishing up. I used directions from Food In Jars and Pick Your Own. It was a pretty simple process, even with my ghetto set up, because I didn't have exactly what I needed. However my jars are sealed tight and ready to feed us all winter long.

Even though I don't know if my canning of tomatoes will save us any money, or if it was simply one thing I wanted to try (being so popular here in Utah). I do know that eating at home saves us a bit of money. So I need to keep on top of the meal plan for this week and get in the kitchen and cook the meals.

Here is my  Monday Meal Plan so we have this week for dinner, and put the bit of extra we save in the pocket. 
Meatless Monday: Broccoli Cheddar soup with sourdough bread (I can't get enough of this soup!)
Tuesday: Sausage and tortellini soup (yep 2 nights of soup)
Wednesday: Grilled chicken sandwich topped with tomatoes (from last week)
Thursday: Mongolian beef with zucchini and rice
Friday: Chicken pot pie
Saturday:  Pulled pork sandwiches with green beans and mashed potatoes
Sunday: Southwest chicken with corn on the cob

No comments:

Post a Comment