Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday Cake

Today is Fat Tuesday. The day before Ash Wednesday. The day before the start of lent. Last chance to overindulge for the next 40 days (46 days if you count Sundays). One tradition, I was introduced to a couple years ago was the King Cake. This year I had to make my own without the plastic baby and without sprinkles.
And hello there...
Tasted like a cinnamon roll because I left out the pecans. This King Cake took a long time to make, mostly because it took about 3 hours to rise. I followed this recipe from All Recipes with a few minor changes. No pecans or raisins and for the frosting milk instead of water. 

3 comments:

  1. I love that you actually made one! My grandparents came into town and brought us our king cakes for the year :) Next you will have to make a giant duck cake for Papa Jesse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks tasty!

    You better make a po' boy for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake looks scrumptious! I love the picture of the middle all swirly and cinnamon delicious!

    ReplyDelete