Today is Earth day and Good Friday. But I am posting some easy cookies. I bought a lot of strawberries because they looked so red, fresh, and juicy. Isn't it great the way our Earth provides. There were way to many to eat before they would go bad, so I made some Strawberry sugar cookies.lime sugar cookies I wanted to make more sugar cookies with fruit. I chopped the strawberries pretty small. These cookies are ones that you are able to roll out and cut into shapes. I wanted to eat these, not chill, roll, cut and then bake. So I just rolled them into balls and flattened them out a bit.
Slight change from Professional Recipes
1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup of sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 ¾ cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream or tartar
1 (or more, or less) cup of chopped strawberries
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar together, until fluffy. When fluffy, mix in strawberries.
- Add egg and beat well, then mix vanilla extract.
- In a seprate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, until thoroughly combined.
- If wanting to cut into shapes: Divide dough into two equal portions, then flatten each into a disk. Cover each disk in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or until the dough is firm enough to work with. If it becomes too firm, soften in a room for 5 minutes. On a lightly floured board roll out dough, until it is about 1/3 inch thick. Cut out cookies with cookie cutter. Using a spatula, carefully move the cookies onto a cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between them.
- If wanting to get to the cookies quicker: Roll into ball (about 1"), Press down until about 1/3 inch thick. Place unto cookie sheet, leaving space between them.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake for about 8 to 11 minutes, or until gold along the edges.