Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pumpkin Dog Drops

A drop for the dogs.
I finally admit that it is fall, with the crisp morning and nights! I LOVE it! My little woof loves the fall, too! He spends his days laying out on the deck soaking in the cooler temperatures or carrying his football around the yard. Hayden also really enjoys pumpkin! So in order to give him a little taste of fall, I made him these pumpkin drops. I don't want him to feel left out from the fall baking. 
These little drops were sitting on the counter when my husband got home from work. When he had his mouth full entering the family room, I just laughed. He gave me a confused look. I told him that was nice that Hayden was sharing his treats. The response "Well they aren't half bad, lucky little guy!" Hayden enjoys them too, he was staring them down when I was trying to photograph them outside.

Pumpkin Dog Drops
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 Tablespoons butter (can leave out but keeps really moist)
1 whole egg
1/2 cup buttermilk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put a silicon slip-mat or parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cut in butter.
In a medium bowl, beat egg with buttermilk and pumpkin. Combine with flour mixture, mix until well combined. Stir until a soft dough forms.
Drop tablespoons of dough unto cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, edges will be slightly golden. Let cool and then have the woof perform a trick.

1 comment:

  1. Where are you going on vacation? I miss you! I was in Arizona this weekend and couldn't believe it has been a year since I saw you!

    ReplyDelete