Friday, December 16, 2011

Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies

 So chocolately won't believe its a real blondie.
When I was younger I was allergic to chocolate. My mom would try to be far and get me white chocolate, but I was still thankful when I outgrew that allergy. Today I still can't eat a long amount of chocolate without getting stomach aches. These blondies have enough chocolate to get in that fix, but not over the top chocolate. I think they are a great addition to holiday cookie tray. Even if they are a bar, have to change it up sometimes. 

Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies  
2 cups all-purpose flour 
2 cups packed light brown sugar 
2 teaspoons baking powder 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled 
2 eggs 
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), coarsely chopped or 1/2 cup Health baking pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease a 13"x9" baking pan. 
In a bowl, beat the butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir wet into dry ingredients until combined (batter will be thick and hard to stir).
Spread batter into prepped pan. Sprinkle with chocolate, butterscotch, and Heath pieces; press gently into batter.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Watch carefully after 25 minutes if not done, as not to overcook. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

Adopted from Taste of Home

No comments:

Post a Comment