Friday, December 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Bon-Bons

Crunch in a chocolate shell
I remember a younger version of my brother and myself rolling the peanut butter mixture into balls. He would eat 1 of about every 5 that he rolled, and I would eat none. Normally it would be that other way around, as he doesn't like sweets. In this case, I was not a fan of peanut butter. This is that cookie or bon-bon that just simply reminds me of Christmas. This is the first time that I made it on my own instead of just rolling for my mom. They are a great last minute make to set out for Santa, a no-bake cookie or truffle.

Peanut Butter Bon-Bons
2 cups chunky or smooth peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
3 cups rice krispies
1 stick butter, softened
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons shortening or butter

Mix peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter together and roll into small balls. Chill for 20 min- 1 hour in the fridge. Melt chocolate and shortening or butter over low heat, or in microwave for 15 second at a time until melted. Dip balls into chocolate mixture, covering completely. Lay on wax paper to cool completely. Move to fridge if needed to cool more. 

1 comment:

  1. DUDE! I haven't had these in years! I definitely need to make 'em some day!

    ReplyDelete