Thursday, June 23, 2011

Alligator Picnic

Teddy bear picnics are out, Alligator picnics are in! 
CHOMP! When I was little a family friend made these cream cheese and chicken crescent rolls when she would watch us for a day. I made a mouth with one end and would CHOMP other foods with them. They were my alligators. The name stuck and were even put in the church's cookbook as Alligators. Nowadays, I make these every now and then. They are good warm or cold, meaning a perfect picnic food! That is just want I made them for this time. I truly love picnics, but always want something different than a sandwich, simple or upscale. I made these the night before, then threw them in the picnic basket when it was time to get on the road. They are also great finger foods, for other occasions. 

Alligators
Family friend                                                 
2-8oz refrigerated crescent roll packages
1-8oz package cream cheese, softened
1 can drained chicken or turkey
1 Tablespoon chives, dried or fresh
1 teaspoon salt or season salt

- Mix cream cheese, mix in chicken, chives, and salt. Put around 1 Tablespoon of mixture in each laid flat crescent. Roll mixture up covering with crescent.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes of until golden brown.
- Be careful if eating warm, cream cheese gets hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment